Scent Guide to the Carus World

I have a confession to make.

I've been procrastinating.

Between edits for two contracted pieces, self-editing a pre-submission third piece, writing blog posts and guest blog posts, critiquing other work for my critique partners, dawdling on social media and botching attempts at promotion, I've been playing around with word and making my beloved scent guide pretty.


Now I'd like to share!



The scent guide is also available off my website and the side bar on the right of this blog. Enjoy!


(http://www.jcmckenzie.ca/uploads/1/3/9/1/13916502/scent_guide_2014.pdf)

Comments

  1. Inspired, J.C.! I can't imagine the time and creativity you put into compiling this!! I had to smile at Despair = Canned Ham, though. Tweeted/shared Barb Bettis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! I compiled as I wrote. Every time I came up to an emotion I wanted my MC to smell, I took a break and thought about how that would smell. Once I felt I'd "nailed" it, I slapped it into a word document that looked VERY different to this.

      Delete
  2. Mmmm...sunshine & citrus. Tristan, baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely amazing, J.C.! I did a little shudder at the Vampire smells and I love vamps, lol! Love the pictures, too! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Mary! Yeah, they don't smell too good to the Shifters and Weres, sorry! Thank you for the compliments. I'm very proud of its creation :-)

      Delete
  4. Cool guide, J.C. Wish I'd thought of it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Penny. I ended up having to write all the scents down to keep track of them and then thought...why not make a guide?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! If this is an older post, your comment will be moderated before it appears on the blog.

Popular posts from this blog

The Shadowheart Curse, by Karilyn Bentley

Kickass Heroines by Melissa Snark

The Boss, By Abigail Owen